If you’re looking for a recipe that’s guaranteed to keep you warm this season, you’re in for a treat! This Lasagna Soup is quick, easy to make, and a Fall favorite among our friends, family, and staff.
- Cook 1 lb Italian sausage, chop it up and brown it. Remove from the pan.
- Using a heavy dose of olive oil, add one onion, diced. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add 6 cloves garlic, minced. Cook for a minute.
- Add 2 tbsp tomato paste.
- Add 28 oz can of whole, peeled tomatoes. Gently break up tomatoes.
- Add 7 cups chicken broth.
- Add 2 tsp dried parsley.
- Add 2 tsp dried oregano.
- Add 2 tsp dried basil.
- Add a few shakes of Italian seasoning.
- Add a little crushed red pepper flakes for a touch of heat.
- Add sausage back into the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream.
Bring to a boil and drop in roughly ⅓ – ½ box of pasta (cut up lasagna noodles into bite size pieces). Reduce to medium-low heat and let cook for about 15 mins, until pasta is tender and ready to eat.
Cheese Mixture Topping
- In a bow, mix up:
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan
Serve some of the soup into a bowl and top with cheese mixture. Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!